Although Graham County was formed in 1881, Graham County Chamber of Commerce was not founded until 45 years later on April 12, 1926. It wasn’t until the 1960’s that the Chamber’s current building in the city of Safford was created and we’ve been there ever since. The chamber has worked towards a stronger economy, promoting the county’s community and tourism, and has worked for the interests of its local chamber members businesses. Furthermore, the Chamber has helped to build relationships between businesses and the community to produce a stronger economy and community for everyone. Graham County was named after the 10,516 foot Mount Graham, the highest peak in the area. In 1846 Mount Graham was named after Lt. Col. James Duncan Graham, a senior officer in Brig. Gen. Stephen W. Kearney’s U.S. Army Corps of Topographical Engineers. Graham County’s early history was one of exploration rather than settlement. Today, the county measures 4,630 square miles in size with 22 square miles of water.